Monday 1 July 2013

Summer Outfits!

Hey everyone!

For today's post I'm going to go through some of my fav summer outfits. I personally love wearing bright colours during the summer months and try to keep the darker colours for winter.

Maxi Dress
I did a post just on maxi dresses not so long ago so I'm not going to go into too much detail about them here. These have got to be one of my fav outfits for summer. They can be dressy or casual depending on how you want to style them. I personally prefer the plain coloured maxis with a few accessories. I have a black one (yes I know I said I prefer colours for summer but shh!) that I can't wait to style. I just bought a cream studded bag (coming up in my fashion haul post soon) that will look perfect with it. A statement necklace, some stacked bracelets or a watch and a pair of sandals and the look is complete. If I was wearing this in Ireland I'd throw on a cardigan over it if it's a bit cool.

Skater Skirt
Another look I love. I rarely wear skirts but I love wearing them on hols. I love the skater skirt with a plain tank top and again paired with sandals and some statement jewellery. I posted an Outfit of the Night post recently with a skirt and top look that I can't wait to wear again. 

Shorts
These are obviously a must for summer! They can be dressed up or dressed down for a casual look depending on how you style them. For a day time, casual look I usually would wear a casual tee or vest top and a pair of converse or vans. At night they can be paired with sandals, a more dressy top or again some statement jewellery. 

Skinny Jeans
In Ireland we don't get much of a summer but it's not exactly cold enough to be wearing our winter clothes. So what do we wear? I love wearing skinny jeans with either sandals or pumps or even converse for a more casual look and a nice summery top. I love coloured skinny jeans and the bright colours are perfect for summer. If it's a little bit cool, just throw on a cardigan and you're good to go.

Leggings
I love leggings! Plus they're perfect for the Irish summer too. I don't really wear them much with long tops but I love them with certain dresses. I have two dresses that I wear navy leggings with. These dresses are too short to be worn on their own but they're perfect over leggings and a cardigan. I recently bought a black and white monochrome/aztec print dress that can be worn on it's own but I've worn it with black leggings.

That's all for my summer looks. I think these looks are perfect for summer and can be adjusted to suit all climates!

Chat soon and...

Keep Stylin'

Rebecca x




2 comments:

Visa said...

great list of items, i too like skater skirts for summer! and i wish i could incorporate more bright colors into my summer wardrobe but i just really love wearing black all year round. thanks for sharing this list and great blog as well. perhaps we could keep in contact and follow each other on Bloglovin' and Twitter? please feel free to check out my blog and let me know what you think.

xoxo
http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

Rainbows & Fairydust said...

Aw that's really nice thanks for the lovely comment! I just checked out your blog great posts! Love your patterned pants! Would love to follow you! My twitter is @MajorlyConfused :) thanks for commenting.

Rebecca x