Friday 28 June 2013

Holiday Beauty Essentials!

Since I'm going on holidays in a few weeks I thought I'd share some of my holiday tips and tricks with you. The first post in my summer holidays series is about the beauty products I swear by when I'm away.

Baby Wipes
Ok these are an essential part of my daily life and go with me everywhere. I use them for taking off make up and they're just handy to have around the house anyway. These will defo be coming with me on hols.

Tangle Teezer
This was mentioned in my June Favourites post and it will defo be coming on hols with me. My hair goes crazy on hols with the humidity and stuff so I'm hoping this will tame it a bit. I usually tie my hair up anyway when I'm away coz it's easier but at least I have the option of a quickly straightened hairstyle with this. I seriously recommend buying one.

Leave in Conditioner
I bought the Aussie leave in conditioner last summer before my hols. I had the balyage done and my hair was ruined from the bleach. I heard about Aussie and tried it and loved it. It was about €6/€7 but I still have some left and I use it every time I wash my hair. This is perfect in warmer weather when the sun tends to dry out my hair. I used it on hols last year and my hair was in a much better condition than it was before. I will defo repurchase before I go away this year.

Nail Polish
This is a must! I'm not too pushed about painting my finger nails but I think toe nails look weird on hols without a bit of colour. I usually pick a nice, bright, summery colour and paint them before I go. I bring the same colour with me and top up throughout the holiday if I need to.

Moisturiser
This is defo an essential when going away. The sun can really dry out your skin so it's important to moisturise every night. I will admit I am pretty bad for doing this but I really make the effort on hols. I usually apply it after the shower and then let it dry while I do my hair and make up. It dries in no time too if you're in a hot country. A simple supermarket moisturiser or body butter works just as great as a high end product. I even find after sun containing aloe vera really helps your skin on hols too.

These are my main beauty essentials that I tend to bring on hols. Obviously there's the make up and you need sun cream and all that but you don't need me to tell you that! Wear a high factor sun cream and always reapply!

Hope you enjoyed this post. There'll be more posts coming in this summer holiday series so stay tuned!

Keep Stylin'

Rebecca x




0 comments: